Monday, July 2, 2007

Thinking!

Lately I find that when I go to bed, I can't seem to get my mind to stop thinking. It's constantly thinking about one thing or another. It drives me crazy!!

Why can't our minds just stop thinking so deeply when we decide to actually go to sleep??

The things that keep me up are things that are so not worth keeping me awake...

What time is it in South Africa?
I wonder what Lia and Scott and the kids are up to?
What is Love?, Am I in Love?
What plans do I have this week?

What will the doctor say?
What if...questions,
Vacation sounds nice....why can't I go?
I wonder if I will sleep tonight?


Work thoughts...
How many people do we have starting this week?
What do I have to get done this week?

Will I ever be able to not work?
Ahhh...do I have to go.....


And the list could go on......

So my question is, why must the brain continue thinking into the wee hours of morning, for things that clearly I don't need to think about when I am trying to get my beauty rest???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am right there with you in the mind going crazy with everything to think about. We are 6 hours ahead of you. The kids say hi. HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

Love all around

Lia

Anonymous said...

Hey I am right there with you in the mind going crazy with everything to think about. We are 6 hours ahead of you. The kids say hi. HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

Love all around

Lia

Anonymous said...

Yeah - don't know why it did it twice - I guess what I had to say was twice as important :)

shellbell said...

I also know what you mean about having a lot on the mind these days...maybe if we know we're in the same boat about the thinking thing, we'll be able to think about each other before we go to bed and have much happier thoughts and sweeter dreams!