Monday, September 10, 2007

NEW YORK

This blog post is overdue, that I do know.

Tom and I went to New York for a wedding. Tom was in the wedding. The wedding was 1 hour and 43 minutes long......and yes, Tom had to stand the entire time. It was in an older church so there was no air conditioning.

Tom's sister Tina and her husband Joel also went to New York. On the way there Tom and I got lost and took a nice tour of Ithica, New York. Lots of vineyards, dirt roads, lakes, and hills. It was a beautiful place. For some crazy reason we didn't take any pictures. I think we were both concentrating on finding the hotel and to rush to the rehearsal dinner. We left Michigan at 3am and finally arrived our destination at 3pm...long time to be in a car. And after a 12 hour trip being in the car, we still managed to get along...
On the way home the four of us stopped in Buffalo New York for the Buffalo Wings Festival. It was a good time....and many memories were made.

Below are a few pictures from our trip. I hope the pictures were well worth the wait....




Tom and I


Tina, Joel, and of course me


Tina, Joel, Tom, and Me

Tom and I enjoying some wings....yummy!


4 comments:

Lia said...

Sara - I absolutly love to see the smile on your face!! You have come a long way girl! And as always it is good to hear your voice on the phone! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sara, the pictures were worth the wait. Looks like a great time! And knowing you can survive the road trip is a good sign :) Glad you're so happy and that you had such fun....Sending love your way!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. With your busy, busy schedules I am glad you got to take a mini vacay.

denise said...

Great to know you can get along with someone after spending 12 hours together in a car (I don't think that was possible a few years ago!) I remember driving up to Cadillac with dad for a weekend of golf, getting there, realizing we didn't have the golf clubs, turning the car around and just laughing about it. That's when I knew this was a really good thing! (We decided we were so anxious to get out of the house for the weekend that in our haste, we forgot alot of things!) Nothing like a road trip to let you know how well your relationship is!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I look forward to meeting Tom's family. Love you, Mom