It seems like just yesterday Johnny was born and now he is graduating from the 8th grade. My how time seems to fly right by. I just wanted to take a minute and wish him the best of luck as he heads on to high school....
Love you lots Johnny.
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Too true, Sara. It seems just yesterday little Johnny was maneuvering his Powerwheels Jeep down to the neighbors' house with our new baby kitten seated securely next to him in a ziplock bag. Time does fly by, indeed.
Oh the memories.....I remember when he was little and thought it would be cool to climb out his window at the Thornridge house....What great babysitters we were :) LOL....
Such great memories......scary but there are some good ones out there. :)
As long as we are sharing Johnny memories, I remember when he found my engagement ring and gave it to Mom. he was only Three years old. Can you imagine what would have happened if he had lost it? he was such a good boy!
Also, I recently I kicked his can in a game of HORSE in the pool!!!
When I think of memories I think alot about Grandma D. Oh how she loved the times he spent sitting by her coffee table playing with her little farm toys or coloring pictures with her. What a blessing he's been to all of us. We've always called him the "glue" that bound our family together, and I still think that's true. We are so proud of him and can't believe he will be in SCHS next year and he starts driver's training on Thursday! Yikes! (remember the story about driving the 4 wheeler into the concrete "pond"?) I'm sure he'll do fine. I'm just excited that this is the last time I'll have to go through driver's training! I never liked riding with my kids while they were training. A control thing maybe?
One of my memories of Johnny was when he called you on your cell phone - absolutely hysterical. Something about it being almost impossible to get back to the house after a crash on his bike. Yikes! The poor kid sat with frozen peas for hours....if you know what I mean. He is a very special kid and you should be very proud of his polite and friendly personality. What a great guy he is! Love!
Yes, it does seem like yesterday that Johnny was born! What a great kid! He looked so handsome tonight at graduation.
I'm sitting here laughing at the other entries. As I read them I was thinking "oh, I remember that", "ya, I remember that" and then I got to the last one - "ouch, yes, I remember that one too!!" Just thouht about it tonight, in fact, when I looked down the long driveway.
I'll add one more memory - remember when he was having so much fun with the snap things that you throw on the ground and they pop, and he threw one by Cher and about fell over laughing, but she saw no humor in it at all?! I think that got captured on film if I remember right.
hi sara! it was my brother's 8th grade graduation too, and i thought the same thing... next it will be our children! haha j/k hope you're having a good weekend and i'll see you tomorrow. ;) much love!
7 comments:
Too true, Sara. It seems just yesterday little Johnny was maneuvering his Powerwheels Jeep down to the neighbors' house with our new baby kitten seated securely next to him in a ziplock bag.
Time does fly by, indeed.
Oh the memories.....I remember when he was little and thought it would be cool to climb out his window at the Thornridge house....What great babysitters we were :) LOL....
Such great memories......scary but there are some good ones out there. :)
As long as we are sharing Johnny memories, I remember when he found my engagement ring and gave it to Mom. he was only Three years old. Can you imagine what would have happened if he had lost it? he was such a good boy!
Also, I recently I kicked his can in a game of HORSE in the pool!!!
When I think of memories I think alot about Grandma D. Oh how she loved the times he spent sitting by her coffee table playing with her little farm toys or coloring pictures with her.
What a blessing he's been to all of us. We've always called him the "glue" that bound our family together, and I still think that's true.
We are so proud of him and can't believe he will be in SCHS next year and he starts driver's training on Thursday! Yikes! (remember the story about driving the 4 wheeler into the concrete "pond"?) I'm sure he'll do fine. I'm just excited that this is the last time I'll have to go through driver's training! I never liked riding with my kids while they were training. A control thing maybe?
One of my memories of Johnny was when he called you on your cell phone - absolutely hysterical. Something about it being almost impossible to get back to the house after a crash on his bike. Yikes! The poor kid sat with frozen peas for hours....if you know what I mean. He is a very special kid and you should be very proud of his polite and friendly personality. What a great guy he is!
Love!
Yes, it does seem like yesterday that Johnny was born! What a great kid! He looked so handsome tonight at graduation.
I'm sitting here laughing at the other entries. As I read them I was thinking "oh, I remember that", "ya, I remember that" and then I got to the last one - "ouch, yes, I remember that one too!!" Just thouht about it tonight, in fact, when I looked down the long driveway.
I'll add one more memory - remember when he was having so much fun with the snap things that you throw on the ground and they pop, and he threw one by Cher and about fell over laughing, but she saw no humor in it at all?! I think that got captured on film if I remember right.
Love ya Sara!! Aunti Larvi
hi sara! it was my brother's 8th grade graduation too, and i thought the same thing... next it will be our children! haha j/k
hope you're having a good weekend and i'll see you tomorrow. ;) much love!
Post a Comment